It’s getting to that time of year when we start thinking about our health and deciding to make a positive change. With that in mind, I wanted to share my top tips on how to do this.
- Create a plan of action and write it down. Come up with some healthy recipes you’re going to follow, decided how many times a week you’re going to exercise and what kind of thing you’re going to do. A goal without a plan is just a wish.
- Find your support system. It’s tough to go it alone, most people need someone going through it with them or a coach to hold them accountable. Maybe it’s your family who will get behind you and cheer you on. Either way, it’ll be much easier knowing you’ve got help to call upon when it gets tough.
- Be patient. There is no magic pill or quick fix if you’re looking for LASTING weight-loss, health and fitness. These things take time. It’s the small consistent changes you make that will have the biggest impact.
- Find the fun. If you don’t enjoy spending an hour on the treadmill…don’t do it! There are so many different forms of exercise out there, from group classes to outdoor activities. Find what you enjoy and do that.
- Batch make healthy meals for the week. Make your weeknights a little easier by batch making a healthy curry, chilli or shepherds pie using lean cuts of meat or beans & lentils. Try swapping white potatoes for sweet potatoes on your shepherds pie too!
- Pack your gym bag and set out your clothes the night before. It’s easy to jump out of bed when the sun is already shining but not so easy when it’s still dark. Packing your clothes the night before gives you 5 more minutes in bed before getting up and exercising.
- Move. Burn calories through everyday movements such as increasing your steps for the day as well as working out. The more you move the more calories you burn. Take the stairs not the lift, get off one stop early on the bus etc.
- Work hard. Nothing worth having comes easy and it’ll happen a lot quicker if you work hard. Push yourself during workouts, you know your own limits and whether you could be working harder. Challenge yourself. That’s when you’ll grow as a person and see changes to your body.
Good luck and if you need any help or have any questions, please send me an…
email: [email protected]
Follow me on Instagram: @katyvanhem
My website: zest24.com