AT MISS WORLD RESULTS
The current Miss England NHS Doctor “Bhasha Mukherjee” competed in the Miss World event at ExCel London reaching the Top 40 in the final event. Here’s some information about how Miss England got on and details of the new Miss World…
- 111 nations competed for the 69th Miss World crown on Saturday December 14th at ExCel London.
- Toni-Ann Singh aged 23 was crowned the 69thMiss World by her predecessor Vanessa Ponce de Leon at the grand final hosted by Peter Andre and Megan Young. Toni is a women’s studies and psychology student at Florida State University who aspires to be a medical doctor.
- Miss England’s roommate was Miss Sri Lanka.
- Miss England reached the TOP 8 in the Miss World Sports round held at Lee valley Athletics Centre .The winner of the Sports round which tested the contestants fitness levels was Miss British Virgin Islands. The top 8 each received a GOLD MEDAL.
- Miss England reached the Top 40 on the day of the final along with Miss Scotland & Wales from the home nations. Miss France won the Miss World Europe Continental queen crown.
- Dr Bhasha was one of 6 Miss World Candidates who spoke at a debate at OXFORD UNION about whether Beauty should be rewarded. Bhasha’s answer was “ We should reward Beauty as Beauty is health, if you value yourself & your health you are beautiful“.
- Bhasha used her doctoring skills and gave a correct diagnosis to Miss Luxemburg after an arm injury and sent her back to hospital in London for an X-ray during the first week of the contest. Doctors in her own country had previously told Miss Luxemburg it was a sprain . It turns out if was a fracture! Bhasha also helped other contestants with ailments including Miss Greece who needed help bandaging her leg ! The work Bhasha did at Miss World was commended by NHS doctors on social media.
- The Miss World finalists visited the House of Lords for afternoon tea, the Hard Rock Café, a river Thames Cruise and various charity dinners across the capital during their time in the capital.
- The Miss World Top Model finalists modelled dresses by Zandra Rhodes in three collections for the judges against the backdrop of the ‘Zandra Rhodes 50 Years Of Fabulous’ exhibit. The 40 contestants who had made it through the first round were then shortlisted by the judges to the top 10.
- Diamond Dealers Direct based in the Jewellery quarter Birmingham donated an 18ct white gold 3 cluster diamond pendant with a white gold chain worth £995 as Miss England official charity auction gift .
- Miss England danced in a beautiful 2 piece floral outfit designed by Touchwood Boutique for the opening of the show & wore a specially designed silver evening gown designed by ELLIE WILDE for the eveningwear section.
- After the contest Bhasha congratulated the winner on her instagram account and said “ So what an ending to the year ! Medical school finals , Miss England then Miss World ! This year has been a year preparing for exams one after another for me ! . Im so glad I can finally take a breath. Well done to Toni Ann Singh for smashing it last night at Miss World! As a member of the Green Team myself I felt so proud of you when watching you sing backstage and finally winning the crown!” .
- The tearful newly crowned Miss World 2019 said: “So honored and grateful for this opportunity but most of all I’m thinking about the work that needs to be done and that I have the platform and the means to do it. I’m ready to get out there and work. I’m excited!”
The highly anticipated Miss World final was broadcast live in the UK on London Live, streamed on www.missworld.com and 150 countries. Across all social media, the festival and final has received more than 2 billion hits.
For further updates follow the Miss World social media